Today we're excited to announce the release of floor plans and maps, another highly-requested feature on our "most wanted" list 👍.
Here's a video showing the new MAP mode on the scheduler for some example desks and meeting rooms. (other space types like studios, courts, offices and labs are of course also supported):
The new maps feature…
- supports the integration of multiple maps (e.g. Floor 1, Floor 2, …),
- is based completely on vector-based graphics (SVGs) that scale and look brilliant on all devices,
- uses "hot spots" that are directly hooked up to your relevant Skedda spaces,
- has a time-of-day range-slider for quickly reviewing availability across the day,
- shows the status of each space as available/unavailable,
- supports hovering over any space on the map to view its bookings for the day,
- supports booking-creation directly from the map (i.e. clicking/tapping on a space).
Obviously, all venues are different and have their own beautiful maps! If you're interested in using your own maps in your Skedda venue account, head to Settings => Floor plans & maps. There you can reach out to us and share any existing map files that you may have. We'll then work with you to generate your maps in the crisp, interactive format shown above. Note that this feature involves additional subscription charges (our support team will fill you in on these during the consultation).
Our support team looks forward to hearing from you!
The Skedda team